First Drawing Takes Shape: Hexagonal Shape

Today I added some more colors to my first drawing, the drawing of a Suburbia player area.

You can now see some of the hexagonal tiles next to the red starting board. The long, brownish area near the top is called a border.

Suburbia taking shape

Colors I used today include Peacock Blue, Mykonos Blue, Basil Green, Pewter Gray, Sunflower Yellow (I think), Pink Macaron, either Espresso or Cocoa Brown (again, I think), and one more - a shade of orange or red - that I can't remember at all.

Obviously I've discovered another problem: If you're planning on coming back to a color you started with, you need to have a better memory than I have or to write the name (or number) of the color down - along with a description of the area(s) in which you used it.

Grrr.

Living and learning.

Fortunately, I have learned that you should apply a color very lightly to start with. If I pick the wrong color to finish an area later, it won't be the worst thing in the world.

I have to stop drawing for now until I get my accessories, which are in transit from the various Amazon sellers. I need sharper pencils for almost all of what remains.

I should have also ordered a burnisher. That's a pencil with no pigment that you use to smooth out the colors already on the paper. I'll probably stop in at the local Hobby Lobby to see if they have a good one for a reasonable price.

Comments