Maple Blossoms

The project I've been working on for the past several days is this interpretation of the maple tree in full blossom in our backyard.

Maple Blossoms

The enlarged bunch in the middle is supposed to be on the realistic side. I drew it using a reference photo I took with my camera.

The tree and surroundings in the background lean more toward impressionism.

The tree itself is pretty close in structure to the actual tree I can see out the back window.

However, there's also the neighbor's house directly behind it. I chose not to show it. I also deleted the other neighbor's fence and the utility posts in the area.

Obviously the tiny blossoms are not realistic. I may have left out a few branches here and there too.

Just like my initial Suburbia drawing, you can have this one for $97.00 as well. (See the other article for my reasoning on the price.)

Next, I plan to head back to board games, but not an actual game in progress this time.

Comments